Olive Oil is an amazing ingredient, bestowed upon us by Mother Nature, and is loads better and effective than most of the chemical-laden and shit expensive products that we use to get rid of various skin, hair and health issues.
There are actually four types of Olive Oil. Virgin Olive Oil which is very low in acid content and used in cooking. Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is made by pressing the Olive fruit and is actually the best form of Olive oil for its health benefits, though not a pocket-friendly one. The last one in the list is Pure Olive Oil which is not suitable for use because of its high acid content, and Lampante Oil, which is used as a fuel.
Now that you know the basics, sit back and take a look as we bring to you the best uses of Olive Oil.
1. It is one of the best moisturisers for skin, making it soft, supple, and radiant
2. It helps prevent breast cancer
3. It is known to dilute and eliminate kidney stones
4. It is known to make bones stronger
5. It treats depression
6. It is one of the best pain relievers
7. It gets rid of constipation and controls cholesterol levels
8. It is great for hair as it keeps them shiny and healthy, and can even be used as a pre-shampoo treatment
9. The mixture of one-third cup of yogurt with one-fourth cup of honey and two teaspoons of olive oil, when left with 20 minutes on skin, once a week, is extremely good for skin
10. Olive oil can also be used as a makeup remover, as it takes off even the most stubborn waterproof makeup, without any burning sensation
11. It has anti-ageing properties and regular massage with the same keeps wrinkles at bay
12. Add a dash of lemon juice to crushed sugar and some Olive oil, and you have the best lip scrub for a supple pout
13. Dipping cotton in Olive Oil and soaking nails in the same for half an hour keeps nail strong and beautiful
This truly is an elixir with multiple benefits. Get a bottle of Olive Oil home, and all your skin, hair and health woes will be sorted.